Saturday, October 4, 2008

Goodbye 'Lady'

Thursday night I was officially welcomed to Miami when my car was broken into - in my driveway! - and my GPS (named Lady) was stolen. I was taking the trash out Friday morning and discovered glass all over the driveway. Great. For those of you thinking "Well Katrina, you were asking for it leaving Lady up in the car" I had hidden it under the seat. I'm pretty sure they were after my CD player but they couldn't figure out how to get it out (they broke it but it's still attached) , so I guess they starting looking around and found Lady. They also swiped my ashtray that had mostly pennies in it. The glove compartment was open and emptied all over the place but there was nothing exciting enough in there to take.

I know of at least two other people within a block that have had break-ins in the last couple days. And I haven't seen any cops in the area. At all. They could just drive through on their way to the doughnut shop but I guess that's too much to ask.

In other news, my Biometrics class sucks and we've got a test this week. The class is meeting Sunday to try to teach ourselves everything since our professor can't do it. Luckily I'm enjoying my other two classes, Environmental Law and GIS...

No comments: